Is Hulu available on Roku? Yes, it is. So, waste no time, and let’s jump on a journey of seamless streaming and unlock a world of entertainment at your fingertips.
Wondering How do I get Hulu on Roku? Come along with us as we explore the world of streaming devices and discover how they can elevate your home entertainment experience to new heights.
Streaming video has become the newest trend for watching movies and TV shows, with many people opting to cut the cable cord. Roku has emerged as the most popular platform for streaming video, allowing users to access thousands of different programs from various streaming services.
If you want to watch Hulu on Roku, all you need is an internet connection and a Roku streaming media box, Roku Streambar, Roku stick, or Roku TV. Keep reading until the end of this blog to discover everything you need to know about how to watch Hulu on Roku.
How To Watch Hulu On Roku [6 Easy Steps June 2023]
Can you watch Hulu on Roku? Yes, you can but if you want to find out how can you watch it then follow these easy steps and you’re good to go:
- Sign up for Hulu on their official website and choose a subscription plan.
- Turn on your Roku device and go to the Streaming Channels section from the Home screen.
- Connect your Roku device to your TV using HDMI, Turn on a device with an AC adapter.
- Use the Roku Remote to Navigate Search Channels feature to find and select the Hulu app.
- Download and install the Hulu app by clicking on the Add Channel button.
- Return to the Roku Home Screen, find the Hulu app, and open it. Sign in with your Hulu account to start streaming your favorite shows and movies.
If you’re reading our article from anywhere that’s not a US region then you’ll have to follow the following guide to access Hulu on Roku:
How To Watch Hulu On Roku Outside USA [Easy Trick June 2023]
Does Hulu work on Roku outside USA? Yes, that’s correct, it does. However, there is an extra step that you need to follow to overcome Hulu’s geographical restrictions.
- Subscribe to a premium VPN provider such as Surfshark.
- Connect to a US server, preferably in New York, using the VPN.
- If you don’t already have a Hulu subscription, go to the official Hulu website and sign up.
- Turn on your Roku device and press the Home button. Navigate to the Streaming Channels section.
- Connect your Roku player to your TV’s HDMI port and turn it on. Then, use the Roku remote to navigate to the Search Channels feature.
- Use the Search Channels feature to find the Hulu app. Once you find it, click on Add Channel to start the app download.
- Return to your Roku Home and locate the Hulu app. Launch it and enter your Hulu login details to start streaming your favorite TV shows and movies.
Top 3 VPNs To Get Hulu On Roku Outside USA [Quick Overview June 2023]
Want to know How to unblock Hulu on Roku? It’s important to note that you will require a reliable and high-quality VPN provider for this purpose.
We have tested and can attest to the reliability of these VPNs.
Surfshark Black Friday Deal:
- 2year Starter: $59.76 -> $53.73 (monthly price becomes $1.99/mo)
- 2years One: $76.56 -> $75.32 (monthly price becomes $2.69/mo)
- 2years One+: $119.28 -> $115.71 (monthly price becomes $3.99/mo
1year monthly prices for all packages stays the same:
- 1year Starter: $3.99/Mo.
- 1years One: $4.09/Mo.
- 1years One+: $6.49/Mo.
How Do I Activate Hulu On Roku?
Can I access Hulu on Roku? Yes, you can have access to Hulu on your Roku, but before that, you will need to activate it by following these steps:
- Press the home button on your Roku remote to go to the Roku home screen.
- Find the Roku channel store by browsing through the available options.
- Navigate through the channel store to locate the Hulu channel.
- Add the Hulu channel to your Roku device.
- Launch the Hulu app on your Roku and sign in with your Hulu account information.
- Choose your preferred profile and start streaming your favorite content on Hulu using your Roku device.
How To Create A US Roku Account To Watch Hulu? [Step-by-Step Guide June 2023]
Want to have access to Hulu and wondering “How do I create a US Roku account?” then relax as we’re about to give you a step-by-step guide that will help you create your US Roku account:
- Go to https://my.roku.com/signup and create a US Roku account.
- Enter a US Zip code and select the United States as your country.
- Your Roku account is now set up in the United States.
- Navigate to the Hulu app on your Roku
- Voila! you can start streaming the latest Hulu Originals now.
How Much Is Hulu On Roku?
Subscribing to Hulu for the first time and want to know how much does Hulu cost on Roku? Well, Hulu provides 3 pricing plans starting at a low of $7.99 per month and going up to $79.99 per month.
- Hulu Basic (Ad-supported) USD 7.99/Month.
- Hulu Premium (Ad-free) USD 14.99/Month.
- Hulu (Without Ads) + Live TV USD 82.99/Month.
Take a look at the details of Hulu’s subscription plans:
Hulu Basic (Ad-supported) USD 7.99/Month
- Hulu provides a 30-day free trial.
- Up to 6 individuals can access a single Hulu account simultaneously.
- All US content is available on Hulu, but ads may disrupt your streaming experience.
Hulu Premium (Ad-free) USD 14.99/Month
- Offers a 30-day free trial.
- Up to 6 users can stream a single account simultaneously.
- Ads-free streaming of all the US content.
Hulu (Without Ads) + Live TV USD 82.99/Month
- Hulu Live TV offers over 100 channels to enjoy.
- Up to 6 individuals can access a single Hulu account simultaneously.
- Subscribing to Hulu Live TV includes bonus access to ESPN and Disney Plus.
- You can stream your favorite shows on Hulu without any interruptions from advertisements.
Why Hulu Is Not Working On Roku? [Quick Fix June 2023]
If you’re experiencing that your Hulu does not work on Roku, then there could be multiple reasons behind it.
However, you don’t need to worry as we are providing you our quick fix guide to resolve this problem.
Here are some possible reasons why Hulu may not be working on your Roku device, along with their solutions:
- The Hulu app may not be compatible with your Roku device or you might need to reinstall the app and restart your device.
- If you’re using an outdated version of the Hulu app, it may not work on your Roku device. Consider upgrading your device to access the latest version of Hulu on Roku.
- You may face geo-restrictions when trying to watch Hulu outside the USA. In this case, you can use a premium VPN to bypass these restrictions and access Hulu on Roku from anywhere.
How To Fix Hulu Not Working Error On Roku?
If you’re experiencing issues with Hulu and want to know how to fix Hulu error, try these solutions:
- Make sure to update your device’s firmware to the latest version.
- Perform a power reboot on your device.
- Update both the Hulu and VPN applications to the latest versions.
- Restart your device.
- Clear the app cache and history.
Which Roku Devices Support Hulu?
The following Roku devices support Hulu:
- Roku 1
- Roku 2
- Roku 3
- Roku 4
- Roku LT (2700X)
- Roku Express
- Roku Express+
- Roku TV
- 4K Roku Ultra
- 4K Roku Ultra LT
- 4K Roku Premiere
- 4K Roku Premiere+
- Roku Streaming Stick
- K Roku Streaming Stick+
- 4K Roku Smart Speaker
Roku Devices that Don’t Support Hulu
Following are the Roku devices which are not supported by Hulu:
- Roku HD model 2500X
- Roku 2 HD models 3000X and 3050X
- Roku 2 XS model 3100X
- Roku Streaming Stick models 3400X and 3420X
- Roku LT model 2400X and 2450X
Is Hulu Available On Older Roku Models?
Unfortunately Hulu is no longer compatible with outdated Roku devices. In order to enjoy uninterrupted streaming of Hulu, you will need to replace your older Roku models with a new one.
Although, there are still a few older Roku models that support Hulu, they come with significant limitations and require software updates. The standard Hulu app is available on Roku Streaming Player models 2400 to 3100 and Roku Streaming Stick models 3420 or older. However, please note that these models do not support Hulu premium add-ons or the Hulu Plus Live TV streaming service.
Which Roku TV Models Are Compatible With Hulu?
Following is a list of all the Roku TV models that are compatible with Hulu:
Compatible Devices With Hulu Other Than Roku:
Can you get Hulu on Roku? Yes, of course you can and while Hulu is compatible with Roku, there are also other devices that support Hulu streaming.
Here is a list of all the compatible devices, apart from Roku, that can be used to stream Hulu:
- Android Devices
- LG TV (select models)
- Fire Tablets
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
- Fire TV/Fire TV Stick
- Echo Show (8, 10, and 15)
- Mac and PC browsers/apps
- Samsung TV (select models)
- Android TV (select models)
- Apple TV (4th generation or later)
How Do I Change The Language On Hulu On Roku?
To change the language on Hulu on your Roku device, follow these steps:
- Press the “*” button on your Roku controller to bring up the options menu.
- Select the Audio menu from the pop-up.
- Choose the Subtitle setting and select your preferred language.
- Return to the Roku Home screen.
- Navigate to Settings, select System, then choose System Update and click on Check Now.
- If there is an available Hulu update, it will automatically download.
- The language setting you have selected for Hulu will be saved automatically.
What To Watch On Hulu On Roku?
Hulu offers an extensive range of movies, shows, and channels for your entertainment. But if you’re looking for some recommendations on what to watch, check out the list below.
|1. Parasite||1. Fargo||1. Parasite|
|2. Portrait of a Lady on Fire||2. Brooklyn Nine-Nine||2. Portrait of a Lady on Fire|
|3. Moonlight||3. It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia||3. Moonlight|
|4. Arrival||4. Atlanta||4. Arrival|
|5. La La Land||5. Better Things||5. La La Land|
|6. The Shape of Water||6. Veronica Mars||6. The Shape of Water|
|7. Eighth Grade||7. What We Do in the Shadows||7. Eighth Grade|
|8. Lady Bird||8. Killing Eve||8. Lady Bird|
|9. The Farewell||9. The Great||9. The Farewell|
|10. Sorry to Bother You||10. The Handmaid’s Tale||10. Sorry to Bother You|
How To Download Hulu Content On Roku In 2023?
To download Hulu content on Roku, follow these steps:
- Subscribe to the ad-free version of Hulu, which costs $11.99 per month.
- Look for the Download logo next to the title of the TV show or movie to find downloadable content. Go to the details page and click the Download button.
- To stream all offline files on the device, click the Downloads icon at the bottom of the application. You can also delete them by selecting the Trash icon.
Can You Access Hulu On Roku In Other Countries?
Yes, you can subscribe to Hulu on Roku in other countries but you will need to use a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN to do so. Here is a list of some of the countries where Hulu is available:
- Hulu in Canada
- Hulu in France
- Hulu in Germany
- Hulu in Australia
- Hulu in UK
- Hulu in Philippines
- Hulu in South Africa
- Hulu in Mexico
- Hulu in New Zealand
- Hulu in Ireland
Q. What’s The Difference Between A Roku And A Hulu Subscription?
Q. How To Watch Hulu Live TV On Roku?
- Use the Roku Search Box to look for "Hulu Live TV".
- Install the Hulu Live TV app on your Roku device.
- Sign in to the app using your Hulu account information.
- Start watching your preferred live content on Hulu using your Roku device.
Q. What Is Roku Pin For Hulu?
Q. How Do I Install Hulu On Roku?
- Using your remote, go to the Home screen on your Roku device.
- Navigate to the Roku channel store and select Hulu from the available options.
- Click on Add Channel to confirm the installation.
Q. Why Does Hulu Continue To Buffer?
Q. How To Sign Out Of Hulu On Roku?
- On the main page of Hulu, select your profile icon.
- Scroll down and choose the option to log out.
- Confirm that you want to log out of Hulu by selecting the appropriate option.
- You will be redirected to the Hulu login page on Roku.
Q. How To Switch Hulu Profiles On Roku?
- Sign in to your Hulu account.
- Navigate to the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the Profile Icon.
- From there, choose the profile you want to switch to by tapping on the corresponding shape.
- You can also create a new profile on Hulu if needed.
Q. Which Roku Players Support Hulu + Live TV In USA?
Q. Why Doesn’t Hulu Work On Roku?
Q. How Do I Cancel My Hulu Subscription On Roku?
- Locate the Hulu icon on your screen and press the asterisk button on your remote.
- Select "Manage Membership" and then choose "Cancel Subscription".
- Confirm that you want to cancel your Hulu subscription.
Q. Does Roku Have Monthly Fees?
Q. Can I Watch Hulu On Roku For Free?
Q. Can I Pause My Hulu Subscription On Roku?
Q. How Do I Update Hulu On Roku?
We hope our guide has made it easy for you to set up Hulu on your Roku device and begin streaming your favorite movies and shows.
We're confident that you'll enjoy streaming Hulu because of its wide range of content. If you are residing outside the US and worried about streaming Hulu, our guide has suggested an effective solution; a premium VPN to unblock Hulu outside US.
So why wait? Turn on your Roku device and start streaming unlimited content on Hulu today!