Optus Sport is currently unavailable outside Australia due to geo-restrictions. If you’re located outside of Australia, you will require a Premimum VPN like Surfshark to access Optus Sport bypassing its geo-restrictions.
Optus Sport is a renowned Australia-based online streaming service that broadcasts live Football matches events, replays, and highlights to its viewers. Unfortunately, this sports platform is unavailable to sports fanatics outside Australia due to geo-restrictions.
But don’t freak out! You don’t have to miss out on any of the matches, and easily watch Optus Sport overseas with the help of a Reliable VPN like Surfshark. If you’ve never used a VPN before and want to learn how to watch Optus Sport overseas with a VPN, keep reading this blog to learn easy ways to unblock it.
How to Watch Optus Sport Overseas with VPN [5 Quick Steps]
If you’re willing to stream Optus Sport overseas with a VPN, you should be following these simple steps mentioned below:
- Subscribe to a Trusted VPN. Our top preference is Surfshark.
- Download and Install the VPN app on your streaming device.
- Launch the VPN app, sign up with your credentials or if you have already signed up, then sign in to the VPN app.
- Connect to an Australian Server available on the VPN’s server list.
- Enjoy your favorite Sports Content on Optus Sport Overseas.
Why Do You Need VPN to Watch Optus Sport Overseas
As of now, Optus Sport is only available in Australia. So, if you try to access the platform anywhere outside of Australia you’ll face a geo-restricted error stating:
“Unfortunately, Optus Sport can not be used outside of Australia.”
This is where VPNs can be very helpful. All you need is to get a Premium VPN like Surfshark that possesses fast and secure Australian Servers. By connecting to a server in Australia, you can make your IP address appear as if you’re in Australia. This allows easy access to the platform enabling you to watch Optus Sport from anywhere.
Top 3 VPNs To Watch Optus Sport Overseas
We have listed 3 top VPN providers here with their amazing features making it easier for you to choose the best:
Surfshark– Affordable VPN to Watch Optus Sport Overseas
Surfshark is an affordable option that unblocks Optus Sport overseas. Below are some of the most extra ordinary features of this popular VPN provider.
- Surfshark possesses 3,200+ servers in more than 100 countries, with 5 highly upgraded servers operating efficiently in Austrailia.
- Surfshark uses IKEv2 (best for mobile), Wireguard (best overall), and OpenVPN (best for routers) to enhance your streaming experience.
- Surfshark’s 2-year subscription fee is $3.35(5.11AUD)/month, which can be purchased for an 81% discount.
Surfshark Black Friday Deal:
2 years Starter: $59.76 -> $53.73 (monthly price becomes $1.99/mo)
2 years One: $76.56 -> $75.32 (monthly price becomes $2.69/mo)
2 years One+: $119.28 -> $115.71 (monthly price becomes $3.99/mo
1year monthly prices for all packages stays the same:
1year Starter: $3.99/Mo.
1years One: $4.09/Mo.
1years One+: $6.49/Mo.
- The offer includes 2 months of additional free services
- Surfshark permits Unlimited connections.
- Surfshark dodges the geo-restrictions imposed by popular sports streaming platforms like ESPN+, Hulu+, Skysports, SlingTV, and Peacock, among others.
- On a 100 Mbps connection, Surf Shark’s super-fast Austrailian servers showcased download speeds of 86.24 Mbps and upload speed of 53.72 Mbps.
ExpressVPN– The Best VPN to Watch Optus Sport Overseas
- ExpressVPN has 3,000 servers in 94 different countries with lightning fast servers operating in Austrailia.
- ExpressVPN 1-year plan + extra 3 months’ costs around $6.67(10.17 AUD) [Special Discount]. You can get 49% off if you subscribe to the service now.
- 24/7 live chat support to solve troubleshooting problems .
- ExpressVPN easily bypassess geo-restrictions imposed by popular sports streaming sites like Peacock TV, ESPN+, beIN, SkySports and BT Sports.
- ExpressVPN is compatible with various devices like iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, Linux, routers, and more.
- ExpressVPN allows eight concurrent connections.
- ExpressVPN uses AES-256 encryption, TrustedServer network, and Private DNS for data protection.
- ExpressVPN’s Austrailian servers provide download speeds of 89.42 Mbps, upload speeds of 84.64 Mbps, and a low ping of 110 ms with a 100 Mbps connection when tested.
- 30 days money back guaranteed.
NordVPN– Reliable VPN to Watch Optus Sport Overseas
To watch Optus Sport Overseas, NordVPN can be a perfect option. NordVPN provides some of the most stunning features that are listed below:
- NordVPN has the largest network of servers, with 5,700+ servers in more than 59 Countries with 190+ speedy servers in Australia.
- NordVPN 2-year subscription plan costs around $3.99(6.05 AUD) /month with an option to cancel the subscription within the first 30 days.
- NordVPN uses Smart DNS, Private DNS, and Split Tunneling to safeguard users’ data
- NordVPN also provide AES 256-bit encryption, a strong no-logs policy, a kill switch, an advanced streaming mode, and a user-friendly interface.
- NordVPN easily unblocks geo-blocked sports platforms like Hulu, FuboTV, BT Sports and Optus Sport.
- With NordVPN you can connect Six devices at a time.
How to Subscribe to Optus Sport:
To subscribe to Optus Sport you need to follow these easy steps mentioned below.
Steps for Optus Customer
If you are a premium Optus Sport subscriber, you can add Optus Sport with the help of these steps.
- Go to My Optus App.
- Choose your desired service from the top left corner.
- Pick the add-ons that you want.
- Enable Optus Sport and tick the terms and agreements box.
- After confirming the terms and conditions, you can watch Optus Sport.
Steps for Non-Optus Customer
Follow these steps to subscribe to Optus Sport via Credit card through Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS).
- Search Optus Sport App in the respective store.
- Download and Open the app.
- Sign up with your credentials and Verify.
- Confirm the subscription and pay for it.
Remember: If you’re accessing Optus Sport overseas, then you must subscribe to Surfshark in both the cases to bypass geo restrictions.
Optus Sport Packages
You can have the best Premier League experience watching Optus Sport from anywhere. You can watch everything on the platform, from pre-and post-match press conferences to game highlights.
The platform has 3 subscription packages, allowing 4 devices to stream its content simultaneously. Below are the Optus Sport packages along with their prices:
|Optus Customers||$4.65/Month (6.99 AUD)|
|Non Optus Customers||$16.64/Month (24.92 AUD)|
|Annual Subscription||$132.36/Month (198.61 AUD)|
Compatible Devices To Watch Optus Sport
- Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, and macOS)
- Android devices (phones, tablets, and TVs)
- Amazon Fire Stick/ Fire TV
What You Can Watch On Optus Sport
- Premier League
- UEFA Champions League
- UEFA Europa League
- J1 League
- International Football Matches
- Women’s Football Matches
- UEFA Euro 2020
- FIFA World Cup
Q. Is it Legal to Watch Optus Sport Overseas with a VPN
Q. Can I Use a Free VPN to Watch Optus Sport?
Q. Why Am I Getting an Error When Using VPN for Optus Sport?
Q. Can I Watch Optus Sport for Free?
Optus Sport is a top-grossing Sports streaming site rapidly gaining popularity, especially among football fans! The residents of Australia can easily access the platform. In contrast, the others outside the Australian borders will need a trustworthy VPN like Surfshark to watch their favourite Sports events on Optus Sport overseas. The VPN will enable you to overpower these geo-restrictions and help you easily access the platform.