Owned by the renowned Entertainment and Sports Programming Network, ESPN+ is an OTT American video sports streaming service that showcases live games of Cricket, the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship), soccer thrills, and more on the platform.
Unfortunately, ESPN+ is geo-restricted and is only accessible in the USA. But if you want to learn a hack by which you can bypass its geo-restrictions, follow this guide to learn how to watch ESPN Plus in Canada and enjoy live sports streaming using a trustworthy VPN. So let’s get right to it!
How to Watch ESPN Plus in Canada? [5 Easy Steps]
Follow the given steps to watch ESPN Plus in Canada:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN provider [Surfshark is recommended].
- Download and install the VPN app on your streaming device.
- Log in to the VPN app and connect to a U.S. server [the New York server is recommended].
- Navigate to the ESPN Plus website or download its app, and sign up for an account.
- There you have it! You can now enjoy ESPN+ in Canada.
Read More: How to Watch Disney Plus on Android
How to Watch ESPN Plus in Canada [Video Tutorial]
Follow this quick video tutorial to watch ESPN Plus in Canada:
Why Is A VPN Required to Watch ESPN+ In Canada?
ESPN+ has copyright and licensing agreements that make the service limited to the U.S. If you try to access this service with a VPN, you’ll receive the following geo-restriction error message:
“We’re sorry, an unexpected error occurred.”
A trustworthy VPN is required to mask your real I.P. and switch it with a U.S. IP, making it appear that you’re accessing the platform within the U.S.
Which VPNs Work Best with ESPN Plus Canada? – Detailed Analysis
The following are the top 3 VPNs to watch ESPN Plus in Canada:
ExpressVPN – #1 VPN to Watch ESPN Plus in Canada
The following features of ExpressVPN make it the #1 VPN to watch ESPN Plus in Canada:
- Servers: ExpressVPN has more than 3000 fastest servers in almost 94 countries and has more than 24 highly optimized servers in the USA that offer outstanding unlimited bandwidth.
- Price: ExpressVPN costs only $6.67/month, and you can avail this price for 1 year + 3 months free. The other packages include $12.95/month and $9.99/month for 6 months with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Speed: ExpressVPN’s transnational bandwidth has been upgraded from 1Gbps to 10Gbps servers for swifter speeds and more reliable connections.
- Encryption: AES-256 protects and secures your data with the TrustedServer technology.
- Compatibility: ExpressVPN lets you connect up to 8 devices simultaneously and supports multiple devices, including Windows, Mac, Android devices, iOS devices, Linux, Chromebook, and Amazon Kindle Fire.
- DNS leak test: ExpressVPN protects your I.P. from being leaked. You can try the DNS leak test from its website and check if your connection is secure.
- No logs policy: ExpressVPN has a strict no-log policy implying that it doesn’t record your traffic data.
- 24-hour support: With ExpressVPN, you get a 24-hour live chat support facility.
- Split tunneling: This feature lets you route the app traffic through the encrypted VPN tunnel while the other devices or apps can access the internet directly.
Surfshark – Budget-Friendly VPN to Watch ESPN+ in Canada
Take a look at the following features of Surfshark to understand how it is not only a budget-friendly but also a reliable VPN to watch ESPN Plus in Canada:
- Servers: Surfshark has over 3200 servers in 100 countries, including over 600 servers in the U.S.
- Compatibility: Surfshark is supported by almost all operating systems and can connect unlimited devices simultaneously.
- Price: Surfshark’s 2-year plan has 3 packages; the Surfshark Starter, that’s for $2.49/month; Surfshark One for $3.49/month and the 3rd package Surfshark One+ for $6.49/month with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AES-256 encryption: Surfshark offers AES-256 encryption preventing any online data breaches.
- Speed: Every server has at least 1 Gbps port, while new 10 Gbps ports are added regularly.
- CleanWeb and Bypasser: Surfshark secures you from ads, trackers, malware, and phishing attempts.
- Kill Switch and Camouflage Mode: This VPN provides a safety net if your VPN connection drops so that even if your connection drops, your activities are never exposed, and with the camouflage mode, Surfshark guarantees that even your ISP can’t tell you’re using a VPN.
- Strict no-logs policy: Surfshark has a strict no-logs policy that doesn’t monitor, track, or store what you do online.
- Live chat support: Surfshark provides 24/7 customer support.
NordVPN – User-Friendly VPN to Watch ESPN Plus in Canada
Check out the following features of NordVPN to understand why it is not just user-friendly but also one of the best VPNs to watch ESPN Plus in Canada:
- Servers: More than 5700 ultra-fast servers in 60 countries with unlimited speed and bandwidth.
- Price: NordVPN has a 2-year plan that includes one “Most Popular ” package for $4.99/month while the other two plans are a “Complete” package for $5.99/month and a “Standard” package for $3.99/month.
- AES-256 encryption: NordVPN ensures your data is secured with its trusted standard encryption system.
- Kill Switch: The kill switch feature removes certain apps if the VPN connection unexpectedly drops to prevent unprotected internet traffic transmission.
- Devices: NordVPN lets you connect up to 6 devices simultaneously.
- Double VPN: This feature makes it twice as hard for hackers to decode your internet traffic. It changes your I.P. address two times, protecting your connection with double encryption.
- Dark Web Monitoring: A cybersecurity feature to control others from misusing account information leaked to the dangerous dark web.
- 24/7 live chat support: NordVPN’s friendly customer support team is available for their customers 24/7.
How to Create an ESPN Plus Account in Canada?
Signing up for an ESPN Plus account in Canada is easy as a breeze if you have subscribed to a secure VPN:
- Open your reliable VPN app and connect to an American server [the New York server].
- Navigate to the ESPN Plus website and search for the “Buy now” section.
- Go to “Sign Up” and choose your payment method for the account subscription.
- Click “Buy ESPN+” to land on the success page once the payment process is complete.
- Now select “Get Started” and start enjoying ESPN Plus in Canada.
You can also watch ESPN Plus with an online T.V. service like YouTube TV, FuboTV, Sling T.V., or TVision. However, a VPN is required to watch ESPN Plus in Canada, even if you use an online T.V. service instead of the website or ESPN app.
This is because the streaming service has its own geo-restriction and content distribution policies, limiting you to streaming ESPN Plus content outside the USA.
How Can I Watch ESPN Without a Cable Provider?
If you live in Canada but don’t have cable, here are some streaming alternatives that you can use to watch ESPN Plus in Canada:
- YouTube T.V.
- Sling TV
- Hulu Live TV
Which Devices Support ESPN+ in Canada?
You can enjoy ESPN+ in Canada on the following devices:
- Android (Phones and Tablets)
- iOS devices
- Apple T.V.
- Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S
- PS4 & PS5
- Samsung Smart T.V.
- Amazon Fire T.V. & Tablet
How to Get ESPN+ On Different Devices?
Follow the given steps to get the ESPN+ app on the following different devices:
How Do I Download ESPN Plus on Android in Canada?
Here’s how you can download and enjoy ESPN Plus on your Android device in Canada:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN [Surfshark is recommended].
- Connect to a US-based server [the New York server].
- Log out from your current Google Play Store account.
- Create a new Gmail account, selecting the U.S. as your region
- Sign in to your Google Play account with your new Gmail ID by selecting “add another account.”
- Search for ESPN Plus and install it on your device [ESPN+ Android app].
- Sign in to your ESPN+ account and start streaming it in Canada.
How Do I Get ESPN Plus Canada On My iPhone/iPad?
Follow the given steps to get ESPN+ on your iPhone/iPad in Canada:
- Go to the Settings menu on your iPhone or iPad
- Select Media & Purchases > View Account > and Sign in to your account.
- Change your current country/region to the U.S.
- Subscribe to a premium VPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Search for the ESPN+ iOS app in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app on your device, sign up/sign in to your account and start streaming ESPN+.
How to Get ESPN+ in Canada On My Computer?
The following quick steps will teach you how to get ESPN+ in Canada on your P.C.:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN provider.
- Download and install the VPN app on your computer and sign up for it.
- Connect to any U.S. server from the given list of servers.
- Go to the ESPN Plus website from your web browser.
- Log in to your ESPN account or sign up for one.
- You can start watching ESPN Plus on your computer.
How Do I Activate ESPN Plus On My Firestick in Canada?
Activate ESPN Plus on your Firestick in Canada by following the given steps:
- Open your Firestick setting menu.
- Change your country to the U.S. by using a US ZIP code and a U.S. address. Click Update.
- Subscribe, download and install a secure VPN app from the Amazon Appstore.
- Log in to your VPN app and connect to a US-based server.
- Download the ESPN Plus app and log in to your account there.
- After login, you can start watching the live streams on ESPN Plus.
How to Get ESPN Plus in Canada on Roku?
The following steps will show how you can get ESPN Plus in Canada on Roku:
- Set up a premium VPN app on your router.
- Connect to a server located in the U.S.
- Launch your device and link it to the VPN-supporting router.
- Select Roku from the streaming devices list.
- Download and install the ESPN+ app.
- Select “Settings” to scroll down to access account information.
- Log in to the ESPN+ app to receive an activation code.
- Go to the activation page to sign in with your ESPN account, following the instructions on your screen.
- You will receive a confirmation message.
- Access the ESPN Plus app to start watching the Live streams.
How Much Does ESPN Plus Cost in Canada?
ESPN+ provides access to 70+ sports networks at a reasonable monthly cost, making it a great choice for those who want to save money while watching their favorite sporting events. There are two exceptionally reasonably priced ESPN+ packages available:
Monthly Plan: 13.42 CAD/month ($9.99).
Yearly Plan: 134.32 CAD/year ($99.99).
ESPN Plus provides a large sports library against a low monthly cost of 13.42 CAD ($9.99) or a yearly cost of 134.42 CAD ($99.99). If you like viewing various sports, this is a great deal for you.
What’s Not Included with ESPN Plus?
ESPN+ is a standalone SVoD offering unrelated to ESPN, ESPN News, or ESPN2. Therefore, ESPN+ will not provide access to all the live games and sports available on other ESPN services, like Sunday Night Baseball and Monday Night Football.
Although you can still stream MLB games, recent sports films like “The Last Dance” are not included in this list.
Officials with ESPN have stated that more shows will be offered on ESPN+.
What is the Difference Between ESPN Plus and ESPN App?
You may watch live games, free snippets, and small films of the game for free on the ESPN App, which is the online counterpart of the ESPN TV station. If you have a cable T.V. subscription, you can use that information to sign up for the ESPN app and start streaming immediately.
ESPN can be seen on various pay television providers, including Virgin Media, Sky Digital, and B.T. Vision. Sky and Virgin also carry their programming in high definition.
ESPN+ is an add-on to the original ESPN app that provides subscribers exclusive programming, including feature-length and short-form films, documentaries, series, live events, and on-demand programming. In addition, ESPN+ is the only place to see UFC Pay-Per-View events.
Which Top Documentaries Are Available to Watch on ESPN Plus in Canada?
You can enjoy the following documentaries on ESPN Plus in Canada:
- O.J.: Made In America- 2016
- The Two Escobars- 2010
- No Crossover: The Trial of Allen Iverson- 2010
- Basketball: A Love Story- 2018
- Once Brothers- 2010
- Four Falls Of Buffalo- 2015
- Celtics/Lakers: Best Of Enemies- 2017
- Once Upon A Time In Queens- 2021
- Mack Wrestles- 2019
- Hillsborough- 2014
What Sports Can I Watch on ESPN Plus?
You can watch the following sports on ESPN Plus in Canada:
- National Hockey League
- NFL Pro Bowl 2022
- Australian Open 2022
- UFC 282: Blachowicz vs. Ankalaev
- EFL Carabao Cup Final
- Irish Baseball League
- MLS Season 2022
- NCAA Wrestling Championship
- UFC Fight Live (Cannonier vs. Strickland)
- PGA The Players Championship 2022
- Canadian Football League (CFL)
- Big 12 Men’s Basketball Tournament
- Major League Soccer
- NBA Playoff 2022
- French Open 2022
Q. Is ESPN Plus Available Internationally?
Q. What Is Included in ESPN Plus Canada?
Q. How to Get ESPN Plus in Canada For Free?
Q. Will ESPN+ Ever Come To Canada?
Q. Is It Legal to Watch ESPN+ in Canada With a VPN?
Q. Can I Watch All NFL Games on ESPN+?
ESPN Plus is a great sports streaming platform, but if you're a sports enthusiast living in Canada, you won't be able to watch ESPN Plus in Canada without a reputable VPN.
I've tried to assemble every detail required for you to access ESPN+ in Canada, but if you still have any queries, feel free to ask me in the comments section below.