In the mood for a Marvel marathon with your friends or family? Then Disney Plus is the perfect choice for doing so! Disney Plus is an American streaming platform with an impressive collection of TV shows, movies and Originals spanning across all genres. Subscribers get access to internet-approved popular titles such as Secret Invasion, Echo, Ironheart, Loki Season 2, and much more.
If you, too, wish to watch all the Disney Plus content in Russia, you’ll need to subscribe to a reliable VPN provider. Why? Because the platform is inaccessible beyond the US due to the geo-restrictive barriers imposed on it. Only with the help of a VPN, such as the credible ExpressVPN, can you bypass these geo-restrictions and complete your marathon.
Sounds perplexing? Don’t worry. Just continue reading for further details regarding VPNs and subscriptions.
How to Watch Disney Plus in Russia [Easy Steps]
Here’s how you can quickly get access to Disney Plus with the following simple steps:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN. My recommendation is ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Launch the app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to Disney’s official website.
- Log in to or create your Disney Plus account.
You can now enjoy streaming all your favorites easily.
Top 3 VPNs to Watch Disney Plus in Russia [Brief Summary]
Take a look below at 3 highly reliable VPNs and their unmatched features:
- ExpressVPN – a credible VPN: ExpressVPN has over 3000 super-fast servers across 94 countries. Your data is highly protected with AES-256 Encryption. You can get it for 1 year + 3 months free for only $6.67 per month, with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark – an economical VPN: this VPN is both pocket-friendly and highly dependable. Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, out of which 600 servers are based in the US You can avail of this with an 81% discount for $2.49 per month. And a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN – a trustworthy VPN: this VPN is a noteworthy one with 5700+ ultra-fast servers in 60 countries, offering unlimited speed and bandwidth. You can get this VPN for just $4.99 monthly, with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Moreover, you can connect up to 6 devices
Why Do You Need VPN to Watch Disney Plus in Russia?
To put it simply, except for a few countries, like the USA, Canada, and Australia, Disney Plus is geographically blocked elsewhere, including Russia. This is because the distribution and licensing laws for entertainment content differ across countries. The content that is available to stream in one country may not be available in another. Hence, the content is geo-restricted. If you try to access Disney Plus outside the US, the following geo-restricted error will appear on your screen:
Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your region.
To bypass this error is exactly why you need a VPN. A premium VPN provider, like ExpressVPN, is equipped with the technology to unblock geo-restricted content anywhere. By subscribing to it, you can connect to a US server to mask your location and watch your favorite shows and movies in a hassle-free manner.
3 Best VPNs to Watch Disney Plus in Russia [Detailed Analysis]
Need more details about the aforementioned VPNs? Here they are:
ExpressVPN – a highly trusted VPN
- Number of servers: ExpressVPN has over 3000 fastest servers in 94 countries and 24+ highly optimized servers in the USA, providing unlimited bandwidth.
- Pricing policy: With their special deal, you can get ExpressVPN for 1 year + 3 months free for only $6.67 per month. In other packages, you can get the VPN service for $12.95 per month and $9.99 per month for 6 months with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Speed: 80% of ExpressVPN’s global bandwidth has been upgraded from 1Gbps to 10Gbps servers for faster speeds and more reliable connections.
- Best-in-class encryption: Your data is protected against online attacks by AES-256 Encryption and are further secured with the TrustedServer
- Compatibility: ExpressVPN supports all major devices, including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Chromebook, and Amazon Kindle Fire. Additionally, with ExpressVPN, you can connect up to 8 devices
- DNS leak test: Stay anonymous by not letting your IP get leaked with ExpressVPN. Try the DNS leak test from its website to check if your connection and browsing activity is secured.
- No logs policy: ExpressVPN does not maintain any logs of your online activity and even doesn’t record your traffic data.
- 24-hour support: ExpressVPN provides a 24-hour live chat support facility with real humans.
- Split Tunnelling: ExpressVPN‘s split tunneling lets you route some of your device or app traffic through the encrypted VPN tunnel while the remaining device or apps access the internet directly.
Surfshark – a cost-efficient VPN
- Number of servers & Compatibility: Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, with over 600 servers in the US alone.
- Compatibility: Surfshark is compatible with most operating systems, and you can connect unlimited devices without worrying about OS compatibility.
- Price: Surfshark has 3 packages in their 2-year plan; the Surfshark Starter, which offers an amazing 81% discount, is for $2.49 per month; Surfshark One with the same discount is for $3.49 per month, and the 3rd package is Surfshark One+ it is for $6.49 per month. All three come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark Black Friday Deal:
- 2year Starter: $59.76 -> $53.73 (monthly price becomes $1.99/mo)
- 2years One: $76.56 -> $75.32 (monthly price becomes $2.69/mo)
- 2years One+: $119.28 -> $115.71 (monthly price becomes $3.99/mo
1year monthly prices for all packages stays the same:
- 1year Starter: $3.99/Mo.
- 1years One: $4.09/Mo.
- 1years One+: $6.49/Mo.
- AES-256 encryption: Prevents data breaches online, and n case any data breach does happen, you will get alerts about it and even be able to retrieve the data.
- Speed: At least a single 1 Gbps port is available on every server, while new 10 Gbps ports are added daily.
- Secure protocols: WireGuard® is the default protocol on all our apps. It is an internationally acclaimed protocol system. If you want to change that, switch to OpenVPN or IKEv2/IPsec from the settings.
- CleanWeb and Bypasser: Surfshark lets you surf in a clean cyber ocean with no ads, trackers, malware, and phishing attempts.
- Kill Switch and Camouflage Mode: Surfshark removes unprotected apps as a safety net in case your VPN connection drops. As for the Camouflage Mode, your activities are never exposed. Surfshark ensures that even your internet provider can’t tell that you’re using a VPN.
- Strict no-logs policy: Surfshark doesn’t monitor, track, or store what you do online. That means no connection or activity logs.
- 24/7 chat support: Surfshark’s customer support experts are there for you 24 hours a day.
NordVPN – a credible VPN
- Number of servers: NordVPN offers 5700+ ultra-fast servers in 60 countries with unlimited speed and bandwidth.
- Price: In their 2-year plans, NordVPN has their “Most Popular ” package for $4.99 per month. The other packages in the same plan are the “Complete” package for $5.99 per month and the “Standard” package for $3.99 per month.
- AES-256 encryption: Your data is secured with their trusted standard encryption system, which protects your data.
- Kill Switch: NordVPN’s kill switch feature stops specific apps if the VPN connection unexpectedly drops and stops transmitting unprotected traffic to the internet.
- Device Connectivity: NordVPN lets you use up to 6 devices
- Double VPN: This makes it twice as hard for hackers to decipher your internet traffic. It changes your IP address two times, protecting your connection with double encryption.
- Dark Web Monitoring: A cybersecurity feature designed to prevent others from exploiting account information leaked to the dangerous dark web.
- 24/7 live support: You can get help and advice from NordVPN’s friendly customer support team 24/7.
How to Subscribe to Disney Plus in Russia?
When creating a Disney Plus account, you will need a US payment method to complete your subscription process. Below is a step-by-step subscription guide for Android and iOS devices.
Subscribe to Disney Plus on Android devices.
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN.
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Login to the VPN app and connect to a US server.
- Log out of the previous account(s) and create a new one on the Google Play Store.
- Set the US as your location while signing up.
- Add this new Play Store account to your ‘Settings’.
- Log in to your new Google Play Store account.
- Buy a Google Play Store gift card on Amazon and copy its code.
- Launch the Play Store and go to ‘Menu’.
- Go to ‘Redeem Code’ and enter the code and a US zip code.
- Download the Disney Plus app from the Google Play Store.
- Select a suitable subscription plan and pay for it via your Play Store gift card.
- That’s it! You can now stream your desired content easily.
Subscribe to Disney Plus on iOS devices.
- Subscribe to a premium VPN.
- Download and install its app on your device.
- Sign in to the app and connect to a US-based server.
- Create a new account on the App Store after logging out of the previous one(s).
- Select the US as your region for this new account.
- Sign in to the App Store with this new account.
- Purchase an iTunes gift card from Amazon.
- Redeem the card by entering the code.
- Download the Disney Plus app from the App Store.
- Select your preferred plan and pay for it via the gift card code.
- Your subscription process is now complete. Enjoy streaming!
How Much Does Disney Plus Cost?
Disney Plus offers two subscription plans for its viewers. Here are their details:
- Disney+ Basic: costs you $7.99 per month (RUB 771.51). This is an ad-supported plan and does not allow downloads.
- Disney+ Premium: costs you $10.99 per month (RUB 1061.19). No ads at all, and you can download select content.
You can also get the Disney+ Premium Annual subscription for $109.99 per year with a 16% discount.
Can a Free VPN be Used to Watch Disney Plus in Russia?
Yes, you can use a free VPN to stream your preferred Disney Plus shows and movies in Russia. But I must inform you beforehand of the shortcomings of a free VPN service. Free VPNs do not possess the bandwidth capacity and speed required to stream Disney+ smoothly.
Nor are they powerful enough to break past the platform’s geo-restrictive barriers. The biggest drawback is to your data. Free VPNs are known to exploit user data by selling it to third parties and hence breaching your privacy.
This is why I’d suggest you subscribe to a premium VPN provider. Easily bypass geo-restrictions while keeping your data safe and secure.
Devices Compatible with Disney Plus
Most of the major devices and operating systems are compatible with Disney Plus. Here’s a short list of those devices and OSes:
NOTE: for steps to stream Disney Plus on Android and iOS, refer to the subscription guide above.
Stream Disney Plus on Firestick.
- Subscribe to a premium VPN and download the VPN app.
- Log in and connect to a US-based server.
- Go to ‘Search’ from your ‘Home’ screen.
- Search for the Disney Plus app in the Amazon Store.
- Click on ‘Get’ to install the app.
- Open the app after downloading.
- Login using your credentials and start streaming.
Stream Disney Plus on Kodi.
- Subscribe to a premium VPN.
- Download the VPN app.
- Login and connect to a US-based server.
- From the ‘Home’ screen, click on the ‘Add-Ons’.
- Select Video Add-Ons and click on Disney Plus.
- Sign in using your credentials and start streaming.
Stream Disney Plus on PS4.
- Configure your VPN app on your Wi-Fi connection.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the TV/Video Services category on your device.
- Find “Disney Plus” in the list of available options.
- From the drop-down menu, click on “Get.”
- Add Disney Plus to your “My Channels” list.
- Now, sign in and enjoy Disney Plus on your PlayStation.
Stream Disney Plus on Xbox.
- Subscribe to a VPN with a Smart DNS feature.
- Set up the Smart DNS and connect to a US-based server.
- Launch your Xbox and go to the Microsoft Store.
- In the Apps section, search for Disney Plus Xbox app.
- On the bottom right of your screen, click on ‘Get’ to install the app.
- Find the app in ‘My Games and Apps’.
- Sign in to your Disney Plus account and enjoy.
What to Watch on Disney Plus in October 2023?
Disney’s library is huge. With approximately 500 films, 15000 episodes and 80 Originals, deciding what to start with can be difficult. Let me guide you with some of the most-watched titles.
Best TV Shows on Disney Plus
Below is a list of highly popular shows on Disney Plus:
- Boy Meets World
- Forky Asks a Question
- Ancient X-Files
- Moon Night
- Monsters at Work
Best Movies on Disney Plus
This list has classics and modern-day cinematic gems both:
- Atlantis Rising
- Alice in Wonderland
- Adventures in Babysitting
- Finding Nemo
- That’s So Raven
- Boy Meets World
- Can of Worms
- Hocus Pocus
Best Originals on Disney Plus
These are the Originals offered by Disney:
- Lamp Life
- Shop Class
- Timmy Failure
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum
Q. When will Disney Plus launch in Russia?
Q. How many devices can you stream Disney Plus on?
Q. Can you get Russian audio on Disney Plus?
Q. Can I watch Disney Plus in other countries?
Q. Is it legal to use a VPN for Disney Plus in Russia?
I hope that all your possible queries have been dealt with in this article. All you need to do is get a premium VPN subscription, like the highly credible ExpressVPN, and you’re all set to stream your favorite content on Disney Plus. You can use the comments section below if you have any further questions to ask. Enjoy your marathon now!