Channel 4, aka All 4, is a free-to-air British OTT streaming service set up by the government that boasts about having the country’s largest library of free on-demand content, including several TV shows and movies, documentaries, comedy shows and many originals.
The sad part is that the streaming service is strictly restricted outside the UK due to the geo-restrictions imposed by the service due to licensing agreements, and you can’t watch Channel 4 in the US.
But don’t be upset and keep reading this guide till the end, as it covers all the possible hacks enabling you to bypass geographic limitations and stream this amazing platform in the US using a top-tier VPN.
How to Watch Channel 4 in the US? [Easy Steps]
Follow the given easy steps to watch Channel 4 in the US:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN provider; my recommendation is Surfshark.
- Download and install the VPN app on your streaming device.
- Log in to the app using your credentials.
- Launch the VPN app and connect to any UK server [the Docklands server is suggested].
- Open the Channel 4 app or visit its website and start streaming.
Note: Remember that you’ll still have to create an account on Channel 4 and provide a UK postal code. If you’re using the location of London, use SW1P 2TX or EC3A 8BF, and for Glasgow, use G1 1XW.
How to Watch Channel 4 in the US? [Video Tutorial]
You can follow this easy video tutorial to watch Channel 4 in the US:
3 Best VPNs to Access Channel 4 in the USA? [Quick Overview]
Below are outlined some of the best features of the top 3 VPNs that can prove to be helpful in unblocking Channel 4 in the US:
ExpressVPN — #1 VPN To Watch Channel 4 In the USA
With over 3000+ fast servers across the globe, this VPN is famous around the globe for its outstanding security protocols. You can buy ExpressVPN for $6.67/month with its annual subscription.
Surfshark — Economical VPN To Watch Channel 4 In the USA
With over 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, it is the most cost-efficient VPN to watch Channel 4 in the USA. You can buy Surf Shark’s 2-year package for $2.49/month.
NordVPN — Largest Server Network To Watch Channel 4 In the USA
With over 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries, this VPN has highly optimized servers in the UK. NordVPN will cost you around $3.71/month.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Stream Channel 4 In the USA?
Channel 4 is a British-originated free-to-air and cost-free streaming service that boasts a network of 12 television channels that can be watched freely within the UK territories.
But since the services of Channel 4 are only accessible to the United Kingdom and its territories, you need a reputable VPN to stream Channel 4 in the USA, and even if you try to access Channel 4 outside the UK without a VPN, you will face the following error message:
Luckily you can bypass these limitations by using a high-end VPN that will provide you with a British IP address. By connecting to a UK server from your VPN servers list, you can change your virtual location, which will trick Channel 4 by making it look like you’re streaming from within the UK territories.
This will grant you access to the platform, and you can easily start watching your favorite programs.
Best VPNs to Access Channel 4 in the USA? [Detailed Overview – 2023]
Here are the top 3 VPNs to watch Channel 4 in the USA:
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch Channel 4 in The US
- ExpressVPN is unarguably the best option for unblocking Channel 4 in the USA. It costs around $6.67/month for a 1-year plan (which includes an additional 3 months). You’ll also get 24/7 customer support which proves very helpful.
- ExpressVPN has over 3,000 servers in 94 countries (including 5 locations in the UK) and can unblock popular streaming services such as Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Amazon Prime Video. It allows five simultaneous connections and safeguards user privacy through its AES-256 encryption, TrustedServer network, and private DNS.
- ExpressVPN servers have amazing streaming abilities, achieving download speeds of 89.42 Mbps, upload speeds of 84.64 Mbps, and a low ping of 110 ms with a 100 Mbps connection.
- You can stream your favorite trending movie without hassle on Channel 4 for just $6.67 per month (with a 49% discount and 3 months free on a 12-month plan). Plus, ExpressVPN provides a 30-day money-back guarantee for added assurance.
Surfshark – Affordable VPN to Unblock Channel 4 USA
- Surfshark provides an extensive network of servers, with around 3,200 servers in 100 countries, including over 212 servers in the UK, giving users plenty of options to find the right server for their needs.
- Surfshark secures your data by utilizing the WireGuard tunneling mechanism, ensuring the security and stability of your browsing and streaming activities.
- You can save a large amount of money and receive an additional 2 months of free service with Surfshark’s 24-month subscription plan, priced at $2.49 per month (with an 82% discount)
- You can make unlimited multi-logins, making it easy to share your account with friends and family and compatible with various OS and devices.
- Surfshark can bypass popular streaming services like Hulu, Netflix, and BBC iPlayer.
- During speed tests, Surfshark’s servers demonstrated remarkable performance, achieving download speeds of 86.24 Mbps and upload speeds of 53.72 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
NordVPN – Feature-Rich VPN For Channel 4 in The US
- NordVPN has a wide network of servers, over 5,400 servers in 59 countries and 440 in the UK, and uses multiple tunneling protocols to safeguard user privacy.
- You can subscribe to NordVPN for $3.99 monthly for the first two years, including a 63% discount, and cancel within the first 30 days.
- NordVPN permits up to six simultaneous connections and is compatible with various devices, including Firestick, Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo, Switch, Raspberry Pi, Chromebook, Chromecast, and Kindle Fire.
- NordVPN protects user privacy with AES 256-bit encryption, a strict no-logs policy, and additional features like a kill switch, dedicated streaming mode, and an intuitive user interface.
How to Sign Up For Channel 4 in the USA?
If you’re willing to watch Channel 4 online for free in the USA, you must first register your account by following these easy steps:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app on your streaming service.
- Open the VPN app and connect to the UK server from the servers list.
- Select “Start your 14-day free trial,” mentioned on the Channel 4 website.
- Tap on “Register” and enter your credentials.
- To successfully register, you must have a British address.
- The website will extract the address if you give the postal code. For London, you can use the postcode SW1P 2TX.
- To finalize your account creation, click “Register.”
- At last, go to Channel 4 and choose your favorite program on the web to watch live streaming.
How To Watch Channel 4 on Your Devices in the USA?
You can watch Channel 4 in the US on the following devices:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
How to Watch Channel 4 on Android in the US?
Follow the given steps to watch Channel 4 on Android in the US:
- Register a new Google account, and set your Phone’s location to the UK.
- Download and install the VPN app from Google Play Store.
- Open the VPN app and pick a UK server.
- Download the Channel 4 app (known as All 4) using Play Store and launch it.
- Sign in, pick a show, and start binging.
How to Watch Channel 4 on iOS in the US?
Here’s how you can watch Channel 4 on iOS in the US:
- Register a new Apple ID and set your address to the UK.
- Download a trustworthy VPN app available on the App Store.
- Launch the VPN app and connect to a UK server [the Docklands server is recommended].
- Download the Channel 4 app from App Store and launch it.
- Login to your account and watch your favorite Channel 4 content in the USA.
How to Watch Channel 4 on Smart TV in the US?
Follow these easy steps to watch Channel 4 on Smart TV in the US:
- Subscribe to a secure VPN that has efficient UK servers.
- Install the VPN on your router following the VPN provider’s guidelines.
- Set your location to the UK during setup.
- Switch on your Smart TV and download the Channel 4 app from the Play Store.
- Log in to Channel 4 app and start watching your favorite programs.
How to Fix Channel 4 Not Working in the US With a VPN?
There can be various reasons why Channel 4 is not working in the US, even with a VPN. Here are some of the most common reasons which hinder Channel 4 from working:
- Check your browser’s location: It is important to keep your location concealed because it leads to the VPN server’s IP or protocol being blocked.
- Try changing your server: Streaming sites strictly block VPN IPs as part of their contractual duties. Use a different UK location within the VPN app and any other server, e.g., Docklands, instead of London.
- Try a different protocol: Try using a different protocol, so simply go to the app settings and pick a different protocol (e.g., OpenVPN, Lightway).
- Clear your cookies: If you have streamed Channel 4 before employing a VPN, there is a possibility that you may have cookies on your device that will enable the website to locate the last location you accessed it from. Clear your browser’s cache and cookies, then attempt again.
- Change providers: If you fail to fix these issues, then it’s evident that your VPN might need to be fixed on Channel 4. Since most VPN providers allow 30-day money-back plans, it’s high time you opt for other options.
Can You Use a Free VPN to Watch Channel 4 in the US?
You can use a free VPN to watch Channel 4 with the use of a free VPN, but it is discouraged for the following reasons:
- Free VPNs usually have a limited number of servers, which can result in poor streaming speeds.
- The majority of the free VPNs are unable to evade Channel 4’s geo-restrictions. The user data is also at stake as the free VPN providers sell users’ data to third parties and make money.
- A premium VPN like Surfshark is highly recommended since it is the best choice to watch Channel 4 live in the US. A premium VPN helps you bypass geo-restrictions and stream seamlessly.
What To Watch On Channel 4 In The US In 2023?
Here are some of the best TV channels, movies, and TV shows you can watch on Channel 4 in the US:
What Live TV Channels You Can Watch in the USA?
You can watch the following live TV channels in the USA:
- Channel 4.
- E4 Extra.
- Timeshifted channels.
Best Originals to Watch on Channel 4 in the USA:
You can enjoy the following originals on Channel 4 in the USA:
- Peep Show
- The Inbetweeners
- The IT Crowd
- Black Books
Best TV Shows to Watch on Channel 4 in the USA:
The following are some of the top TV shows to watch on Channel 4 in the USA:
- King of Queens
- Kitchen Nightmares
- 3rd Rock from the Sun
- It’s a Sin
- A Very Royal Baby: From Cradle to Crown
- The Great British Bake Off
- One Tree Hill
Best Movies to Watch on Channel 4 in the USA:
You can watch the following movies on Channel 4 in the USA:
- Swan Song
- School of Rock
- Shallow Grave
- Velvet Goldmine
- The Full Monty
- My Beautiful Laundrette
- Hell in the Pacific
- The Bear
Q. How Do You Get the Channel 4 App in the US?
Q. Which VPN Works Best With Channel 4?
Q. Is It Illegal to Use a VPN For Channel 4 in the USA?
Q. Is Channel 4 Completely Free?
Q. Can I Watch Channel 4 Without the App?
Q. Can I Watch Channel 4 Live Without a License?
Q. Do You Need An Account For Channel 4?
Q. Can I Watch Channel 4 Outside the UK Without a VPN?
Channel 4 is a fantastic platform for viewers eager to watch British originated content, and the biggest plus point about this platform is that it's not paid and can be watched freely, even in geo-restricted locations, with the help of a reliable VPN.
I hope this guide will be helpful for you in every possible manner since I have given you in-depth details about unblocking Channel 4 in the USA.