Netflix is, quite undisputedly, the most popular streaming platform around the globe. It has amassed a huge audience that is growing day by day owing to the top-notch content offered on the platform.
While Netflix’s Singaporean library has 4800 titles for subscribers to stream, its American library contains a significant collection of 6000 titles. It includes everything ranging from popular TV shows like Friends and Ricky and Morty to the latest hit movie such as The Black Phone.
If you’re bored with the collection available on Netflix’s Singaporean library and wish to get American Netflix in Singapore, you’ll need help from a premium VPN because Netflix’s American library is geo-restricted, and only a reliable VPN, such as ExpressVPN, can bypass Netflix’s strong geo-restrictions.
Don’t get it? Let me explain in this article below what I mean by getting a VPN for streaming Netflix’s American library.
How to Watch American Netflix in Singapore with a VPN [Easy Steps]
Looking for a quick way to stream American Netflix in Singapore? Follow the steps below:
3 Best VPNs to Watch American Netflix in Singapore [ Quick Sketch]
Here’s a brief look at the 3 most acclaimed VPNs popular for their features:
- ExpressVPN – a highly trusted VPN: ExpressVPN offers over 3000 super-fast servers across 94 countries. Your data is kept extremely safe with AES-256 Encryption. You can get it for 1 year + 3 months free for only $6.67 per month, with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark – a highly inexpensive VPN: this VPN is both budget-friendly and highly dependable. Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, out of which 600 servers are based in the US You can avail of this with an 81% discount for $2.49 per month. And a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN – a highly reliable VPN: this amazing VPN has 5700+ ultra-fast servers in 60 countries, offering unlimited speed and bandwidth. You can get this VPN for just $4.99 monthly, with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Moreover, you can connect up to 6 devices
Why Do You Need VPN to Watch American Netflix in Singapore?
The content on Netflix varies from region to region, and some titles are often inaccessible across regions. This means that the titles available on the American Netflix library are geo-restricted in Singaporean library on Netflix.
This is due to the limited streaming rights and agreements related to distribution and licensing. Hence, the American content on Netflix is geo-restricted in Singapore.
If you want to access American Netflix in Singapore, you’ll have to bypass these geo-restrictions first, and this can only be done via a premium VPN, like the trustworthy ExpressVPN.
Upon subscribing, you’ll get to mask your true location by connecting with an IP address based in the States. This will trick Netflix into believing you’re streaming from within the US, and it’ll let you stream American Netflix anywhere outside the US. You can easily enjoy your preferred shows and movies now!
Top 3 VPNs to Watch American Netflix in Singapore [Detailed Analysis]
If you can’t decide which VPN to opt for, here are some more details about the above-mentioned 3 VPNs regarding their prices and features:
ExpressVPN – a top-tier VPN
- Number of servers: ExpressVPN has over 3000 fastest servers in 94 countries and 24+ highly optimized servers in the USA, providing unlimited bandwidth.
- Pricing policy: With their special deal, you can get ExpressVPN for 1 year + 3 months free for only $6.67 per month. In other packages, you can get the VPN service for $12.95 per month and $9.99 per month for 6 months with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Speed: 80% of ExpressVPN’s global bandwidth has been upgraded from 1Gbps to 10Gbps servers for faster speeds and more reliable connections.
- Best-in-class encryption: Your data is protected against online attacks by AES-256 Encryption and are further secured with the TrustedServer
- Compatibility: ExpressVPN supports all major devices, including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Chromebook, and Amazon Kindle Fire. Additionally, with ExpressVPN, you can connect up to 8 devices
- DNS leak test: Stay anonymous by not letting your IP get leaked with ExpressVPN. Try the DNS leak test from its website to check if your connection and browsing activity is secured.
- No logs policy: ExpressVPN does not maintain any logs of your online activity and even doesn’t record your traffic data.
- 24-hour support: ExpressVPN provides a 24-hour live chat support facility with real humans.
- Split Tunnelling: ExpressVPN‘s split tunneling lets you route some of your device or app traffic through the encrypted VPN tunnel while the remaining device or apps access the internet directly.
Surfshark – a cost-effective VPN
- Number of servers & Compatibility: Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, with over 600 servers in the US alone.
- Compatibility: Surfshark is compatible with most operating systems, and you can connect unlimited devices without worrying about OS compatibility.
- Price: Surfshark has 3 packages in their 2-year plan; the Surfshark Starter, which offers an amazing 81% discount, is for $2.49 (MXN 42.18) per month; Surfshark One with the same discount is for $3.49 (MXN 59.13) per month, and the 3rd package is Surfshark One+ it is for $6.49 (MXN 109.95) per month. All three come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark Black Friday Deal:
- 2year Starter: $59.76 -> $53.73 (monthly price becomes $1.99/mo)
- 2years One: $76.56 -> $75.32 (monthly price becomes $2.69/mo)
- 2years One+: $119.28 -> $115.71 (monthly price becomes $3.99/mo
1year monthly prices for all packages stays the same:
- 1year Starter: $3.99/Mo.
- 1years One: $4.09/Mo.
- 1years One+: $6.49/Mo.
- AES-256 encryption: Prevents data breaches online, and n case any data breach does happen, you will get alerts about it and even be able to retrieve the data.
- Speed: At least a single 1 Gbps port is available on every server while new 10 Gbps ports are added every day.
- Secure protocols: WireGuard® is the default protocol on all our apps. It is an internationally acclaimed protocol system. If you want to change that, you can switch to OpenVPN or IKEv2/IPsec from the settings.
- CleanWeb and Bypasser: Surfshark lets you surf in a clean cyber ocean with no ads, trackers, malware, and phishing attempts.
- Kill Switch and Camouflage Mode: Surfshark removes unprotected apps as a safety net in case your VPN connection drops. As for the Camouflage Mode, your activities are never exposed. Surfshark ensures that even your internet provider can’t tell that you’re using a VPN.
- Strict no-logs policy: Surfshark doesn’t monitor, track, or store what you do online. That means no connection or activity logs.
- 24/7 chat support: Surfshark’s customer support experts are there for you 24 hours a day.
NordVPN – a professional VPN
- Number of servers: NordVPN offers 5700+ ultra-fast servers in 60 countries with unlimited speed and bandwidth.
- Price: In their 2-year plans, NordVPN has their “Most Popular ” package for $4.99 (MXN 84.54) per month. The other packages in the same plan are the “Complete” package for $5.99 (MXN 101.48) per month and the “Standard” package for $3.99 (MXN 67.60) per month.
- AES-256 encryption: Your data is secured with their trusted standard encryption system, which protects your data.
- Kill Switch: NordVPN’s kill switch feature stops specific apps if the VPN connection unexpectedly drops and stops transmitting unprotected traffic to the internet.
- Device Connectivity: NordVPN lets you use up to 6 devices
- Double VPN: This makes it twice as hard for hackers to decipher your internet traffic. It changes your IP address two times, protecting your connection with double encryption.
- Dark Web Monitoring: A cybersecurity feature designed to prevent others from exploiting account information leaked to the dangerous dark web.
- 24/7 live support: You can get help and advice from NordVPN’s friendly customer support team 24/7.
Can I Watch American Netflix in Singapore With a Free VPN?
Yes, you can use a free VPN to get American Netflix in Singapore, but that’s not something I’d recommend you proceed with. There are a few reasons behind my strict opposition to all free VPN services.
First off, free VPNs have a very limited number of servers that have equally limited bandwidth and connection speeds. Additionally, free VPNs do not possess the capacity to bypass the geo-restrictive policies imposed by Netflix. That is something only a powerful premium VPN can do. Lastly, free VPNs are notorious for selling their users’ data to third parties in order to cover the operational costs of their free services.
For these reasons, I’d suggest you refrain from using a free VPN service and subscribe to a premium VPN provider that can bypass geo-restrictions with ease while keeping your data safe.
How Much Does Netflix Cost in Singapore vs the USA?
Besides different content, Netflix often offers varying subscription plans too across different regions. Below is a cost comparison of Netflix’s subscription plans in both Singapore and America.
|Subscription Plan||Price in USD||Price in SGD|
|Basic (Standard with ads)||$6.99/month||12.98 SGD/month ($ 9.57)|
|Standard||$15.49/month||17.48 SGD/month ($ 12.89)|
|Premium||$19.99/month||21.98 SGD/month ($ 16.21)|
As can be seen, the prices for subscription plans in America are slightly higher than those in Singapore. So if you’re switching to American Netflix, you must take into consideration the additional amount you’ll have to pay.
Why Can’t I Watch American Netflix in Singapore With a VPN?
If you’re facing issues while streaming Netflix’s American content in Singapore despite using a VPN, then you may want to check for the following:
- Check your internet connections: check your internet speed via com. You need a minimum of 3Mbps to stream in HD on Netflix. If your connection speed is lower than this, you can move closer to your router or contact your ISP.
- Active Netflix subscription: go to your Netflix account and check if your subscription is still valid.
- Clear cache and cookies: cached data and cookies take up space and interrupt your streaming session. Go to your browser or app settings to clear it.
- Update your app: install any pending updates for both your Netflix and VPN apps.
Streaming Devices Supported by Netflix
Netflix supports most of the major devices and operating systems in use by subscribers. Here are a few of them:
- Smart TVs
- Web Browser
- Nintendo Switch
Watch Netflix on Android.
If you wish to stream American Netflix in Singapore on your Android device, you can follow the steps below:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN provider.
- Download and install the VPN app.
- Log in to the VPN app and connect to a US-based server.
- Launch the Netflix app.
- Search for a title exclusive to Netflix’s American library.
- Now, enjoy streaming!
Watch Netflix on iOS.
If you are an iOS user, then you should follow the steps below:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN provider.
- Download and install the VPN app.
- Sign in to the VPN app.
- Connect to an American server.
- Open the Netflix app.
- Search for the title you want to access on American Netflix.
- That’s it. Enjoy watching your favorite titles.
Where Else Can I Watch American Netflix With a VPN?
If you’ve got a premium VPN, you can watch American Netflix in more than 50 countries. Some of them are below:
What to Watch on American Netflix?
With more than 3500 movies and 1800 TV shows, the collection of American Netflix is huge. Here are some titles audiences around the world enjoyed.
Best TV Shows on Netflix America
These are some of the most-streamed shows on American Netflix:
- The Chosen One
- The Witcher
- My Dad the Bounty Hunter
- Orange is the New Black
- Derry Girls
Best Movies on Netflix America
Here are some cinematic hits for you:
- The Monkey King
- They Cloned Tyrone
- Marriage Story
- The King
Best Documentaries on Netflix
From heart-wrenching to enlighting, here are some of the best documentaries for you:
- The Lady of Silence
- The Deepest Breath
- Miss Americana
- King of Clones
- Take Care of Maya
- My Octopus Teacher
- Into The Inferno
- Secrets of the Saqqara Tomb
- The Elephant Whisperers
Q. Is using a VPN for Netflix illegal in Singapore?
Q. Can Netflix Detect VPN?
Q. Can I Share Netflix Accounts with Family or Friends in Different Countries?
Q. Can I use the same account to watch US Netflix in Singapore?
Q. What are the other platforms that I can stream in Singapore with a VPN?
The demand for American Netflix in Singapore is growing rapidly as more amazing titles join the American library. But geo-restrictions keep Singaporeans from accessing all that great content. But since you’ve read through this article, you now know the magic trick for streaming American Netflix anywhere outside the US without any trouble. All you need is a premium VPN, such as ExpressVPN, and you’re all set. If you have any further queries, you can use the common section below to get in touch. Oh, and don’t forget to recommend this magic trick to your friends. Happy streaming!