In the global corporate realm, the USA presents a massive market and lucrative opportunities for entrepreneurs living outside the country. With the advancement, it has become easier for them to penetrate a diverse investor and customer base in America.
However, in order to maintain a trust-based relationship, you will need a virtual US business address and a phone number.
In this article, we guide you on how to get a virtual USA address in four easy steps
How To Get A Virtual US Address
- Identify what you need in your virtual address
- Choose the state that is best for your business
- Compare the options of Virtual Mailing Services
- Sign Up For an address and mailing service
How to identify what you need in your virtual address
A virtual office address is not just a mailing address for entrepreneurs. Your virtual address can impact many areas of your business. Therefore, you must identify your business needs when selecting a US virtual address. Here are a few details you must consider while choosing a virtual address:
- If your business includes receiving regular mail, you might need a mail forwarding service with a virtual address. These services automatically send delivered mail to your nominated address
- If you are not residing in the US and use a phone number with a different area code, it is better to use a call forwarding service. Another option is to acquire a virtual US phone number with the same area code as your virtual address.
However, a separate US phone number improves your image as a professional, reliable, and legitimate business. You can easily acquire one from a call service provider using a premium VPN to have a US IP address on your phone. Choose a VPN service with multiple servers in your virtual address state. We recommend ExpressVPN, SurfShark, and NordVPN because they are reliable, affordable, and have multiple servers in various states of America.
- Compare the packages from different virtual office address providers and select the one that best suits your business needs and budget.
How to choose the state that is best for your business
The location of your US virtual address is essential. Therefore, you must select the state of your American virtual address according to your business needs and customers. Following are some factors you can consider while choosing a location:
- Business processes involving shipment services and delivery to customers in a specific area should select a virtual address nearby or in that area. It reassures customers of your responsiveness.
- Target market is another factor to consider while choosing a virtual US address for your business. For instance, if your company provides baking accessories to US customers, Florida is the best option for your virtual address as it has the most bakeries per capita in the country. Likewise, Silicon city is the best option for your virtual address if you are a technology-based business. It will enhance your relevancy in the eyes of customers.
How to compare the options of Virtual Services
It would be best to consider various options while choosing your virtual mailing services and address because not all service providers are equal. It is essential to see the value, not the cost, while making a business decision, such as selecting the right service provider. As Jon Ruskin, the creator of Common Business Laws said:
“It’s unwise to pay too much, but it’s worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money – that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot.”
In short, the cheapest option isn’t always the best. To compare services, consider the following:
- The budget and what you are getting in return for your money
- How a service suits your needs and benefits your business
- The ease of maintaining a long-term business relationship
How to Sign Up For an address and mailing service
If you have already researched and found the virtual mailing service that best suits your needs, the next step is to sign up. In addition, think of signing up for any support services that could be useful for your company. For instance, a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to acquire a US-based IP address, and a US phone number
Considertaions for a Non-US residents getting a virtual US address
Non-US residents should consider the following factors while signing up for a virtual US address:
- Sign up for the address as soon as possible. If you are a start-up, you can use this address as your legal business address, making it appear on your website, letterheads, etc. So, the sooner, is better.
- Once you have the address, sign up for a USPS (United States Postal Service) to receive mail sent to you at that address.
- If you are already running a business and have recently acquired the virtual address, ensure to update all your online and physical business documents.
- You cannot receive packages on virtual addresses, so make an alternate plan.
Benefits of a Virtual US Business Address
- You can give off an air of professionalism and provide your customers with a way to correspond with you. It can increase customer trust in your company in the same way that having a physical storefront does.
- A U.S.-based mailing address makes it simpler to open a business bank account in the country.
- You can conduct your business in the US from anywhere in the world.
Q. Is it legal to get a Virtual US address for non-US residents?
Q. Can we use a virtual mailbox for an LLC?
When starting a business in the United States as a non-resident, it may be necessary to take additional measures, such as getting a virtual address. The process is identical to that of a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. There are, however, a few prerequisites. We have outlined the essential requirement in this article and the benefits of having one if you start a remote US business.
Having an address of an actual location for your business can give you instant credibility and establish your brand as a real contender. Many event, tour, and activity companies try to make it with only an online presence. However, it may be challenging to convert clients if they do not have a virtual mailing address to conduct business.
By establishing a virtual mailing address, you may demonstrate to customers that you run a reputable operation and gain their trust.
In addition, having an address helps local companies to be found. With a virtual address, your business will be more visible in local search results and mapping services like Google Maps.
Any business without a location address is missing out on opportunities.