Can I watch Hulu on Vizio Smart TV? Yes, you can. Follow our easy guide to stream your favorite Hulu content on your Vizio Smart TV now.
As a Vizio TV owner, you likely appreciate the exceptional visual quality of your TV set. However, you may find the Vizio operating system challenging to navigate.
If you’re reading this blog, you may wonder if Hulu works seamlessly on this platform, given that the streaming service is also available on various other platforms.
Hulu is a top-rated streaming service that offers a vast collection of fan-favorite TV shows and movies. In addition, Hulu boasts an extensive selection of its original titles, such as Normal People, High Fidelity, Little Fires Everywhere, and many others.
Hulu also offers a plan called “Hulu with Live TV,” which includes over 80 live broadcast channels for those interested, however at an additional cost. Streaming Hulu on your Vizio Smart TV is a simple process. However, if you reside in the US or travel outside the US as an ex-pat, you can still access Hulu with the help of a trustworthy VPN.
How To Watch Hulu On Vizio Smart TV [5 Quick Steps November 2023]
How do I get Hulu on Vizio Smart TV? If you want to stream Hulu on your Vizio Smart TV, you can follow these steps:
- Press the VIA button on your Vizio remote or use the “quick launch” button on applicable remotes.
- Look for the Hulu app in the VIA dock. If it’s not there, you can add it through the Yahoo Connected Store or the App Store, depending on your TV model.
- Select the Hulu app, sign up, or log in to your Hulu account.
- Your Vizio TV will remember your username and password unless you log out of Hulu.
- Once you’re logged in, you can enjoy your favorite movies and shows. Additionally, you can use the built-in Chromecast on your Vizio TV to cast Hulu onto your TV.
If you’re not in the USA, the above steps may not apply. However, if you’re interested in learning how to unblock Hulu outside the USA, we suggest following the alternative guide below.
How To Watch Hulu On Vizio Smart TV In Geo-Restricted Regions In 2023?
Does Hulu have geo-restrictions? Yes, it does, and to bypass the Hulu region lock, you will need to install a VPN on your router since the Vizio Smart TV does not support any VPN app.
Once you have set up the VPN on your router, you can use the VPN connection on your Vizio Smart TV. Here are the steps to follow:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN provider; we recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your VPN to a US-based server.
- Ensure that your Vizio Smart TV is connected to the internet.
- Download and install the Hulu app on your Vizio Smart TV.
- Log in to your Hulu account and start streaming.
Why Do You Need A VPN To Access Hulu On Vizio Smart TV In Geo-Restricted Locations?
Is Hulu available on Vizio Smart TV? Yes, it is available on Vizio Smart TV, but if you’re trying to access it outside the USA, you’ll need to use a VPN.
However, it’s important to note that Vizio TVs don’t support VPN. In this case, we have provided a solution to bypass the Hulu region lock by installing the VPN on your router and using it to access Hulu on your Vizio Smart TV.
You may be wondering why we are emphasizing a premium VPN. The reason is that Hulu is a geo-restricted OTT platform that is only accessible to users in the USA. If you’re trying to access Hulu from outside the USA, you’ll need a VPN to bypass the region lock and gain access.
It is necessary to use a VPN to access Hulu outside USA. But how does a VPN help in this situation? A reliable VPN, such as ExpressVPN, conceals your IP address and tricks Hulu into thinking you’re accessing it from within the USA using the Hulu location trick.
Does free VPN work on Hulu? Yes, it does. However, using an unreliable VPN can put your privacy at risk. Therefore, choosing a reputable VPN provider is important to ensure your online security and privacy while accessing geo-restricted content like Hulu.
3 Best VPNs To Watch Hulu On Vizio Smart TV [Quick Summary July- 2023]
Can you watch Hulu outside USA? No, you can’t unless you use a reliable VPN. To access Hulu on your Vizio Smart TV, you need to use a premium VPN, and if you’re unsure which VPN to choose, don’t worry – we’re here to help you.
We have tested and can confirm the reliability of these 3 VPNs:
Surfshark Black Friday Deal:
- 2year Starter: $59.76 -> $53.73 (monthly price becomes $1.99/mo)
- 2years One: $76.56 -> $75.32 (monthly price becomes $2.69/mo)
- 2years One+: $119.28 -> $115.71 (monthly price becomes $3.99/mo
1year monthly prices for all packages stays the same:
- 1year Starter: $3.99/Mo.
- 1years One: $4.09/Mo.
- 1years One+: $6.49/Mo.
How Much Does It Cost To Watch Hulu On Vizio Smart TV?
If you’re curious about Hulu’s pricing and want to know how much does Hulu cost? It’s important to note that Hulu offers three different plans.
- Hulu Basic (Ad-supported) USD 7.99/Month.
- Hulu Premium (Ad-free) USD 14.99/Month.
- Hulu (Without Ads) + Live TV USD 82.99/Month.
Following are the details of Hulu’s subscription plans:
Hulu Basic (Ad-supported) USD 7.99/Month
- Hulu provides a 30-day free trial.
- Up to 6 individuals can access a single Hulu account simultaneously.
- All US content is available on Hulu, but ads may disrupt your streaming experience.
Hulu Premium (Ad-free) USD 14.99/Month
- Offers a 30-day free trial.
- Up to 6 users can stream a single account simultaneously.
- Ads-free streaming of all the US content.
Hulu (Without Ads) + Live TV USD 82.99/Month
- Hulu Live TV offers over 100 channels to enjoy.
- Up to 6 individuals can access a single Hulu account simultaneously.
- Subscribing to Hulu Live TV includes bonus access to ESPN and Disney Plus.
- You can stream your favorite shows on Hulu without any interruptions from advertisements.
How To Cast Hulu On Vizio Smart TV?
Can I get Hulu on Vizio Smart TV? Yes, you can. If you’re a Vizio Smart TV owner, you have an advantage, as there’s a simple way to access Hulu on your TV.
You’ll need Hulu’s subscription and a compatible streaming device to cast Hulu on your Vizio Smart TV. Here’s how to get started:
- Connect your streaming device to your Vizio Smart TV.
- Launch the Hulu app on your streaming device.
- Sign in to your Hulu account using your credentials.
- Click the “Google cast” icon at the top right corner.
- Choose your Vizio Smart TV from the list of available devices and select a title to stream. It will automatically play on your TV.
How To Download Hulu On Vizio Internet App (VIA) TV Models?
If you wish to download and watch Hulu on Vizio Internet App (VIA) on TV models: VIA TV and Vizio SmartCast TVs, then follow these given steps to make sure that you have a high-speed internet connection:
- Go to the Google Play store on your Vizio Smart TV.
- Using the Vizio Internet Apps (VIA), press the V button on your TV remote.
- Look for the Hulu app in the search box.
- Install the Hulu app and launch it once the download is complete.
- Sign in to the app using your Hulu account credentials and start enjoying Hulu’s amazing content on Vizio Internet Apps (VIA) TV models.
How To Watch Hulu On Vizio SmartCast TV?
You can follow the method mentioned below to watch Hulu on Vizio SmartCast TVs below:
- To begin, open the Play Store on your smartphone and download the Hulu app.
- Once installed, sign in to the app using your Hulu login details.
- In the top right corner of the screen, you will see a Cast icon. Click on it to cast Hulu to your Vizio SmartCast TV.
- Your TV’s name will appear on your smartphone, and you can pair it by selecting the Chromecast device.
- Once the pairing is complete, you can stream videos on the Hulu app on your Vizio SmartCast TV.
Another Way To Stream Hulu On Vizio Smart TV
If the methods mentioned above do not work, the Cast feature is an excellent alternative to streaming Hulu on your Vizio Smart TV. The Hulu smartphone app has a built-in Cast feature that can be used for this purpose.
- Ensure your smartphone and Vizio Smart TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Install the Hulu app on your smartphone by visiting the Play Store (for Android) or App Store (for iOS).
- Open the Hulu app and log in using your Hulu account details.
- Click on the Cast icon and select your Vizio Smart TV to connect.
- Once the connection is established, you can watch live streaming on your Vizio Smart TV from your smartphone.
Why Is Hulu Not Working On My Vizio Smart TV? — [Quick Fixes July-2023]
There could be several reasons if you’re facing issues with Hulu on your Vizio Smart TV. Take a look at the reasons, along with their solutions, below:
Fix #1: Check The Internet Connection
If your Vizio Smart TV’s internet connection is having problems, it may lead to the freezing of the Hulu app. You’ll have to restart your internet connection and sign in to your wifi network from the start.
Fix #2: Check Your Vizio TV Model
Maybe the model you’re using to stream Hulu is not compatible anymore. Older models which were released before 2016 don’t support Hulu anymore. So to watch Hulu, you might need to upgrade your model.
Fix #3: Restart Vizio TV By Using The Menu
Restarting your Vizio Smart TV can easily recover the Hulu app from its non-working condition. Wait for a while after turning the device off. Then restart the Vizio Smart TV to check if it works.
Fix #4: Unplug The Vizio TV And Replug
If your Vizio TV doesn’t turn on, then reset it. Wait for like 60 seconds after unplugging your TV. You can reconnect your Vizio TV’s power after 60 seconds. Your Vizio Smart TV will have a soft reset after doing this and should easily turn back on.
Fix #5: Update The Hulu App On Your Vizio TV
Need to update the Hulu app on your Vizio Smart TV? Follow these steps:
- Press the V button on your remote to open the Vizio App Store.
- Look for the Hulu app under the My Apps section.
- Press the Yellow button on your remote and select the Update option to update the Hulu app.
Fix #6: Reinstall The Hulu App
To reinstall the Hulu app on your Vizio Smart TV, follow these steps:
- Turn on your Vizio Smart TV and open the My Apps section.
- Search for the Hulu app from the list of apps.
- Click on the Delete option to uninstall the Hulu app from your Vizio Smart TV.
- Visit the Vizio App Store and search for the Hulu app.
- Reinstall the Hulu app on your Vizio Smart TV and log in using your account details.
Why Does Hulu Keep Buffering On Vizio Smart TV?
How do I stop Hulu from buffering on my TV? If Hulu keeps buffering on your Vizio Smart TV and you want to stop it, then follow these steps:
- Switch off your router/modem.
- Turn it on after waiting for 60 seconds.
- Watch a video on the Hulu app after your TV is connected to the network after restarting.
Watch Hulu On Other Supported Streaming Devices
Can you use Hulu on other devices? Yes, of course, you can. Here is a list of all the other devices on which you can watch Hulu:
- Watch Hulu on Web Browser
- Watch Hulu on Android
- Watch Hulu on iPhone
- Watch Hulu on Mac
- Watch Hulu on Chromecast
- Watch Hulu on Fire Stick
- Watch Hulu on Roku
- Watch Hulu on Apple TV
- Watch Hulu on Android TV
- Watch Hulu on LG Smart TV
- Watch Hulu on Vizio Smart TV
- Watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV
- Watch Hulu on Xfinity TV Box
- Watch Hulu on Xbox
- Watch Hulu on PlayStation
- Watch Hulu on Nintendo Switch
How To Cancel Hulu Subscription On Vizio Smart TV?
If you want to cancel your Hulu subscription on your Vizio Smart TV, follow these steps:
- Open the Hulu app and log in to your account.
- From the main menu, select “Account”.
- Scroll down to the “Subscription” section on the Account page.
- Click on the “Cancel Subscription” button.
- Confirm that you want to cancel your subscription.
- Your Hulu subscription will be canceled immediately.
Q. Is Hulu Available On Vizio Smart TV?
Q. Why Won’t Hulu Work On My Vizio Smart TV?
Q. Why Does My Vizio Smart TV Not Have Hulu?
Q. How Do I Get Hulu On My Older Vizio Smart TV?
Q. Where Can I Download Hulu On My Vizio Smart TV?
- Open the app store on your Vizio Smart TV.
- Search for “Hulu Live TV” and select it from the search results.
- Choose the “Add to Home” option to install the app.
- After installation, log in using your Hulu account details.
- You can now start streaming Hulu on your Vizio Smart TV.
Hulu is one of the best OTT platforms, offering a wide range of top-rated content. Binge-watching on Hulu can be a worthwhile experience, but watching it from the comfort of your couch on a Vizio Smart TV can take it to the next level.
Our guide provides detailed instructions on watching Hulu on your Vizio Smart TV, so you can start streaming immediately. However, if you’re watching from outside the USA, you must subscribe to a premium VPN to access the content.