Disney Plus, the streaming powerhouse, has taken the entertainment world by storm with its vast library of cherished movies, TV shows, and original content. It’s become a go-to platform for audiences seeking nostalgic classics and exciting new releases, making it one of the leading streaming services platforms.
While Disney Plus extends its reach globally, the Philippines still awaits arrival, and if you’re in the Philippines looking for ways to watch it, my guide has you covered. I’ve addressed all the essential details to help you enjoy Disney Plus in the Philippines.
With a reliable VPN, you can unlock captivating content on Disney Plus and relive your favorite Disney moments.
How to Watch Disney Plus in the Philippines? (Step-by-step Guide)
The given step-by-step guide will help you watch Disney Plus in the Philippines:
- Subscribe to an exclusive VPN; ExpressVPN is recommended.
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Sign up or log in to the VPN.
- Connect to any American server, such as the New York server.
- Visit the Disney Plus official website or download its app.
- Sign up or log in to your Disney Plus account.
- Enjoy streaming Disney Plus in the Philippines.
*Note: I’ve recommended connecting your VPN to an American server because Disney Plus is available in the US.
Read More: How to Watch Disney Plus on Chromecast
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Disney Plus in The Philippines?
Disney Plus is currently only available in certain parts of the world. This means if you try to access it from any that’s restricted by the platform, you’ll be met with the following error message:
“Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your region.”
You’ll need an efficient VPN to bypass this geo-restriction and stream Disney+ outside the Philippines. A secure VPN masks your local IP address and switches it with the IP of your chosen server [in this case: any US-based server].
Best VPNs to Watch Disney Plus in the Philippines:
The following 3 VPNs have proven themselves to be the best VPNs to watch Disney Plus in the Philippines:
ExpressVPN – Your Key to Digital Freedom
The outstanding features of ExpressVPN make it the #1 VPN to watch Disney Plus in the Philippines:
- Servers: ExpressVPN has more than 3000 fastest servers in almost 94 countries and has more than 24 highly optimized servers in the USA that offer outstanding unlimited bandwidth.
- Price: ExpressVPN costs only $6.67/month, and you can avail this price for 1 year + 3 months free. The other packages include $12.95/month and $9.99/month for 6 months with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Speed: ExpressVPN’s transnational bandwidth has been upgraded from 1Gbps to 10Gbps servers for swifter speeds and more reliable connections.
- Encryption: AES-256 protects and secures your data with the TrustedServer technology.
- Compatibility: ExpressVPN lets you connect up to 8 devices simultaneously and supports multiple devices, including Windows, Mac, Android devices, iOS devices, Linux, Chromebook, and Amazon Kindle Fire.
- DNS leak test: ExpressVPN protects your IP from being leaked. You can try the DNS leak test from its website and check if your connection is secure.
- No logs policy: ExpressVPN has a strict no-log policy implying that it doesn’t record your traffic data.
- 24-hour support: With ExpressVPN, you get a 24-hour live chat support facility.
- Split tunneling: This feature lets you route the app traffic through the encrypted VPN tunnel while the other devices or apps can access the internet directly.
Surfshark – Your Wallet-Friendly Ticket to Online Security
Surfshark is not only the most economical but also one of the best VPNs to watch Disney Plus in the Philippines:
- Global Servers: Surfshark offers 3,200+ servers stretched across 65 countries with extensive simultaneous connections at phenomenally high speeds and multiple servers, all with a no logs policy.
- Unique Security Features: Surfshark doesn’t save any of its user’s private information or browsing history securing your identity from hackers by deleting any hint of it with each reboot.
- Secure Protocols: Surfshark employs secure encryption protocols like AES-256 encryption, plus the secure protocols OpenVPN UDP and TCP, IKEv2, and Wire Guard that completely encrypt your internet traffic.
- Split Tunneling: This feature from Surfshark allows users to split their internet connection into two, granting users the foreign access they require while simultaneously being updated with local news.
- Subscription Plan: Unlike most premium VPN providers, Surfshark offers a great two-year monthly subscription plan for just $2.49 per month.
Surfshark Black Friday Deal:
- 2year Starter: $59.76 -> $53.73 (monthly price becomes $1.99/mo)
- 2years One: $76.56 -> $75.32 (monthly price becomes $2.69/mo)
- 2years One+: $119.28 -> $115.71 (monthly price becomes $3.99/mo
1year monthly prices for all packages stays the same:
- 1year Starter: $3.99/Mo.
- 1years One: $4.09/Mo.
- 1years One+: $6.49/Mo.
NordVPN – Empowering Your Digital Freedom
Take a look at the given features of NordVPN to understand how it empowers your digital freedom:
- Fast Servers: NordVPN offers its premium users a vast server network (5,200+ servers worldwide). Even the most secure firewalls of geo-restricted sites like Youtube TV, Amazon Prime, and HBO Max are easily bypassed because of NordVPN’s fast servers.
- High tunneling protocol: To prevent internet speeds from lagging, Nordlynx, a software used by NordVPN, is a tunneling protocol that supplies blazing-fast internet speed no matter where you are.
- Advanced Security: With NordVPN, you get advanced security with AES 256-bit encryption, reliable server technology, automatic kill switch, split tunneling, no IP address leaks, and complete anonymity while browsing.
- Double Protection: One unique feature you can get with NordVPN is that it provides users with an added layer of protection by changing their IP address twice and web traffic encryption.
- Subscription Plan: Cheaper than most VPNs, with NordVPN, you can secure 51 percent in savings on subscribing to their 24-month plan, plus you get three extra months with NordVPN, all for the cost of $3.99 per month for the first two years.
How Can I Sign Up for Disney Plus in the Philippines?
Unfortunately, to subscribe to Disney Plus in the Philippines, you need a payment method that’s based in the US.
However, below are mentioned the two alternative options that you can choose if you do not have a US Paypal account or an American Express card:
Method #1: Ask Your Family or a Friend Living in the States
I personally find this method very simple. If you have any friends or family in the USA, you can ask them to purchase a Disney Plus subscription on your behalf.
Once they’ve paid for the subscription, you can turn on your VPN and sign in to Disney Plus in the Philippines.
Method #2: Getting a Disney Plus Gift Card
Alternatively, you can also pay for your Disney account in the Philippines by using a gift card. Use a reliable VPN and head to Amazon, and purchase a US Google gift card. To redeem the gift card, you may require a Google account and a US mobile number.
How Much is Disney Plus in the Philippines?
You can subscribe to any of the following subscription plans to watch Disney Plus in the Philippines:
|Mobile Plan||Premium Subscription|
|450.08 PHP/month||4,505.84 PHP/year||619.07 PHP/month||6,195.74 PHP/year|
|A single device can stream at a time||4 devices can stream simultaneously|
|Video quality is HD (720p)||Video quality is 4K|
|7 different user profiles can be made created||7 different user profiles can be made created|
Read More: How to Change the Language on Disney Plus
Compatible Devices to Watch Disney Plus in The Philippines:
All the following devices are compatible with watching Disney Plus in the Philippines:
|1||Android devices (phones, tablets, and TVs)|
|2||Apple devices (iPhones, iPads, and macOS)|
|3||Fire TV Stick|
|6||Samsung Smart TV|
Best Disney+ TV Shows & Movies to Watch in the Philippines:
The Disney Plus library is full of engaging TV shows and movies you can enjoy in the Philippines. Below are listed some of the TV shows and movies that are worth watching:
Top-Rated Disney+ TV Shows:
Here’s a list of the top-rated Disney + TV shows that are available on Disney Plus:
|1||High School Musical|
|3||Disney Gravity Falls|
|5||Forty Asks a Question|
|10||The Right stuff|
|11||Star Wars: The Clone Wars|
Top-Rated Disney+ Movies:
The following movies are the top-rated movies on Disney+ that you can enjoy in the Philippines:
|2||Star Wars: The Last Jedi|
|3||Star Wars: A New Hope|
|4||The Lion King|
|5||Miracle on 34th Street|
|6||The Little Mermaid|
|9||Guardians of the Galaxy|
|11||Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made|
|13||Avengers: End Games|
How to Cancel a Disney Plus Subscription?
Here’s how you can cancel a Disney Plus subscription:
- Sign in to your Disney Plus account.
- Navigate to “Account” and click on “Billing details.”
- Tap “Cancel Subscription” and keep following the instructions to finish the process.
Q. Will Disney Plus Come to the Philippines?
It might take a year or more for Disney Plus Philippines to become a reality. Until then you can access Disney Philippines by using a reliable VPN provider.
Q. Is Disney Plus Available in the Philippines?
Q. How Can I Get Disney Plus For Free?
Q. Is There a Disney Plus App in the Philippines?
Q. Is a Free VPN For Disney Plus Philippines Worth It?
If you were sad about being unable to access Disney Plus Philippines, now you know you can easily access the streaming platform using a trustworthy VPN.
Follow the instructions in this guide and enjoy a smooth streaming experience with Disney Plus in the Philippines.